The University Assessment Council (UAC) supports a process of continual self-evaluation and improvements across all instructional and administrative and educational support (AES) programs at Mercer University. Its primary function is in an advisory/supportive capacity to academic and AES programs with respect to the total assessment process. Therefore, the UAC
- Provides assistance and consultation to instructional and administrative and educational support programs in formulating and implementing assessment plans.
- Annually reviews the assessment documents submitted by programs and provides feedback for improvement purposes.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and distribution of program review templates for assessment reports.
- Provides an annual report to the President and Provost documenting strengths and weaknesses of the University's overall effort in assessment and institutional effectiveness.
The composition of the University Assessment Council is as follows:
- Faculty representatives and/or administrators from each school/college
- Representatives from Administrative and Educational Support Units
- A representative from the General Education Program
Current UAC Membership:
- Maura Schlairet Georgia Baptist College of Nursing
- Jill Augustine, College of Pharmacy
- Debra Calhoun, Physical Plant
- Bates Canon, Student Affairs - Atlanta
- Nancy de Claisse-Walford, McAfee School of Theology
- David Mathis, Mercer School of Medicine
- Scott Titshaw, Walter F. George School of Law
- Douglas Hill, Townsend School of Music
- Gail Johnson, College of Professional Advancement
- Jackie Stephen, Office of Distance Learning-College of Professional Advancement
- Stephen Hill, School of Engineering
- Caroline Young, Tift College of Education
- Stephanie Swanger, Student Affairs - Macon
- Scott Gillies, University Libraries
- Leslie Taylor, College of Health Professions
- Allen Lynch, Stetson School of Business and Economics
- Gerry Mills, Stetson School of Business and Economics
- Achim Kopp, College of Liberal Arts
- Candace Whaley, Human Resources - Macon
- Kelly McMichael, Office of Institutional Effectiveness (ex-officio)
- Susan Malone, Office of Institutional Effectiveness (ex-officio)